- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, cook chopped bacon until it begins to crisp.
- Once cooked, remove from pan using a slotted spoon. Add the apple, brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Stir until the apples are soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add the milk and increase the heat to medium high until it comes to a gentle boil.
- Reduce heat back to medium, add oats, and stir frequently until the milk is fully absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Return bacon to oatmeal and mix until heated through.
- Top with pecans and serve warm.