- In a large bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar and whisk to combine.
- Add the butter into the flour mixture and work the butter into small crumbles using two butter knives or your hands.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, and maple extract.
- Add the eggs mixture and bacon to the flour and butter mixture and mix until evenly combined and a dough is formed.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface and pat or roll the dough into a square about ½ inch thick.
- Cut the dough into 16 rectangles or triangles and transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place the scones in the freezer and preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Once oven is heated, remove the scones from the freezer and lightly brush with milk. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow scones to cool for 10 minutes. Serve with maple syrup.