- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add in the chopped bacon. Cook for 10-12 minutes until fully cooked. Remove bacon and half of drippings.
- In the same pan, add in the onions and garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.
- Add in the heavy cream, parmesan and half of the gouda and simmer for 5 minutes.
- While that cooks, place the sliced zucchini and squash into a cast iron or baking dish.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the bacon. Pour the cheese mixture over the zucchini and squash.
- Sprinkle the top with the remainder of the shredded gouda cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown. Serve immediately.