- In a medium pot over high heat, bring water to a boil. Add the potatoes and boil until fork tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and set aside.
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat, add the oil, yellow onion, peppers, salt and pepper. Cook until the onions become translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and ham into the pan and stir until evenly distributed.
- Allow the potatoes to brown, about 3-4 minutes. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Remove from heat and garnish with green onions. Serve.