- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place cut potatoes into a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are fork tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl mash the potatoes. Add in the butter, milk, sour cream, garlic powder, salt, pepper and mix until well combined. Fold in the cheese, chives and ¾ of the chopped bacon.
- Divide the potatoes into 6 greased ramekins. Top with remainder of bacon and additional cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Serve with additional chives for garnish.