- Preheat oven to 375°f.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet on the stove. Add 2 tablespoons canola oil. Pan fry cubed sweet potatoes for about 7 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining tablespoon canola oil into the same pan. Fry onion and hams for about 5 minutes.
- Add green peppers and continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Return the fried sweet potatoes to the pan. Add red pepper flakes, pepper, and garlic. Give it a good stir to get everything well mixed.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over sweet potatoes and ham. Place into preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes until cheese is fully melted and bubbling.
- Remove and serve immediately.