- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place cast iron skillet in the oven while it preheats.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and mix in whole milk, buttermilk, and butter.
- Pout the liquid into the dry ingredients until and mix until just combined. Fold in the bacon.
- Remove the cast iron skillet from the oven and add bacon grease, coating the bottom and side of the pan.
- Pour the batter into the greased skillet and place in the oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until center is set.
- Allow to cool and serve.