- In a small bowl combine water, sugar and yeast and let sit until yeast begins to bubble, about 15 minutes.
- In a stand mixer combine flour, salt, ½ cup olive oil and yeast mixture and mix on low speed until dough comes together. Continue mixing on medium speed for about 5 minutes or until dough is smooth.
- Coat the inside of a large bowl with olive oil. Place the dough in the bowl and cover with plastic wrap and store in a warm place for at least an hour until the dough has doubled in size.
- Coat a sheet pan with ½ cup oil. Lay pepperoni on the bottom of the sheet pan covering the pan edge to edge.
- Place the dough on top of the pepperoni and gently press the dough toward the edges of the pan.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap and allow the dough to rise for another hour. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Gently using your fingers, press the dough all the way to the edges of the pan and press dimples gently into the dough.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow the bread to cool and invert onto a cutting board. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, cut and serve.